Sweet potatoes are probably my favorite food ever. This meal prep is not exactly low carb but sweet potatoes are so worth it, every time. I could probably eat sweet potatoes for every single meal, and why not, when they’re filled with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fiber, and so many other health benefits!
The spice mix on the sweet potatoes gives this dish a delicious smoky, barbecue-y flavor. So many of my coworkers commented on how delicious this smelled after pulling it out of the microwave at work every day. And the cheese melts so scrumptiously after heating, you’ll be glad you prepped this.
Macros Per Bowl
Get ready for a mouthwatering combo of high protein lean turkey with a huge punch of vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants from the savory and spicy sweet potatoes.
Turkey Sweet Potato Bowl
- 1 large sweet potato (about 1 ½ lb)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- chili powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 lb 90% Lean Turkey
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 oz shredded lean mozzarella cheese
- 6 tbsp chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Dice sweet potato into ½" cubes. Toss cubed sweet potato with olive oil and spices. Spread onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper and roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes, turning/flipping the potatoes halfway until soft and cooked to your preference.
- While sweet potatoes are roasting, chop onion into ¼" bits. Saute with olive oil in a large pan on med-high heat, stirring frequently until just starting to brown (about 10 minutes). Add the garlic and continue to saute, stirring frequently for another 2 minutes, being careful to not let the garlic burn.
- Add the turkey and salt to the pan and break into small pieces while cooking, continuing to stir frequently until cooked all the way through (until no pink remains) and some parts are browned, about 20 minutes. I drained the fat out of the pan about halfway through but you don't have to.
- Remove pan from heat and mix in roasted sweet potatoes. Divide into 6 containers.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes and then top with mozarella and parsley.
- Refrigerate up to 6 days.
- When ready to reheat, microwave for about 1:30 min on high or until the cheese is mostly melted.